Home > Accessibility Statement
The Czech Statistical Office declares that while creating its web presentation it pays maximal attention to functionality and accessibility of its content in accordance with the Decree No. 64/2008 Sb., on the form of publication of information relating to performance of public administration via web pages for persons with health handicap (decree on accessibility).
In the year 2008 the web presentation Volby.cz underwent a heuristic testing, which was done by the United Organization of the Blind and Visually Impaired. The result of the testing attributed to the web presentation Volby.cz the accessibility of a medium level, which according to the international methodology WCAG 2.0 (Web Content Accessibility Guidelines) corresponds to the AA level.
Accessibility the web presentation Volby.cz:
- Volby.cz - The Senate
- Volby.cz - Regional Councils 2008
- Volby.cz - Regional Councils 2012
- Volby.cz - Regional Councils 2016
- Volby.cz - European Parliament 2009
- Volby.cz - European Parliament 2014
- Volby.cz - European Parliament 2019
- Volby.cz - Chamber of Deputies 2010
- Volby.cz - Chamber of Deputies 2013
- Volby.cz - Chamber of Deputies 2017
- Volby.cz - Local Governments 2006
- Volby.cz - Local Governments 2010
- Volby.cz - Local Governments 2014
- Volby.cz - Local Governments 2018
- Volby.cz - President of the Czech Republic 2013
- Volby.cz - President of the Czech Republic 2018
The list of the most important changes:
- Graphic objects made for operating pages have alternative text definition.
- Changes of the content part of the presentation are caused only by activation of some element.
- All texts are defined in relative units so the text size can be simply increased or decreased using standard web browser tools.
- The web pages controls and layouts are made with regards to the best accessibility of other alternative web browsers (Opera, Mozilla, Firefox).
- Combinations of text colours and background colours or designs have sufficient contrasts.
- The pages are accessible also in case of ignoring colours on web pages, styles and text size and using different colour schemes of the operation system.
- In forms there are particular form elements linked with their characterizations.
- The web presentation respects standards of W3C consortium, page source is created according to the HTML 4.01 standard. Visual presentation is created with the aid of Cascading Style Sheets (CSS), web presentation must also be accessible without using these cascading styles without loss of content information.
- When creating the content of the web presentation, it is recommended to use marks for headings and lists according to the specification.
Web presentations of the CZSO do not always comply with the Decree No. 64/2008 Sb. as to the points showed below:
Point 15 - Web pages must provide information using a simple language and in a comprehensible way.
Justification: Character of the web presentation of the CZSO does not allow to simplify the form of professional text without the danger that it would lead to inaccurate and thus incorrect interpretation. Therefore, scientific terminology on the web pages of the CZSO is well founded.
Link to this declaration you can find on pages, which at least partially satisfy conditions of the the Decree No. 64/2008 Sb.